Monday, November 4, 2013

Day Two of Mefistofele

Readers,

It has been a very busy few weeks.
While preparing my role debut as Don Jose in Carmen with the UGA Opera Theatre (Nov. 14th) I have been auditioning, flying from city to city - in and out of New York. I have been working on my dissertation and preparing for my Carnegie Hall debut.

Since Saturday evening I have been in New York.

Yesterday felt like a child's first day in Disney: I had my first rehearsal with Maestro James Bagwell for Wednesday's performance of Mefistofele at Carnegie Hall. We worked through the Wagner and Faust scene in Act one with  Arturo Chacón-Cruz. It is such a pleasure to sing with Arturo!

We ended a bit early and waited for the rest of the cast to arrive. In walked  Eric Owens, Julianna Di Giacomo, and Teresa Buchholz.

What a cast!

It really is like Disney for me!

The four soloists sounds great! The audience is in for a real treat with the sinister Mefistofele!
It is a honor to be a part of this stupendous cast.

We went on to the Act four quintet... my singing was done, but I couldn't resist staying.

Today is the first day with orchestra and later with the choir.

If you can make it to Wednesday's performance please do!!! It's going to be a great show!

Thanks for reading
best,
Joe

(I can't believe I left my camera at home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment