Monday, June 9, 2014

Long awaited up-date

Dear Readers,

I apologize for the delay, it was a rigorous and challenging semester.

I am back in New York!!
Yes, after five years and two degrees at the University of Georgia in Athens, I am finally home!
"How sweet it is!"

I'd like to share with you some great news:
In spite of the challenges Spring 2014 was my final semester at UGA.
I have advanced to candidacy and completed my course work toward a Doctor of Musical Arts degree!

Click on the image to enlarge.

I gave my final recital which was another somewhat Italian based program.
The recital went very with, and I have Greg Hankins to thank for his masterful playing!
The first half was a music featuring the poetry of Michelangelo and the second half featured the poetry of William Shakespeare.

I'll post some clips and the program notes shortly.

Some more great news that you should hear is that I will be singing with the Opera Theater of Pittsburgh in their summer festival this summer.

I will leave for Pittsburgh next week and spend the following six weeks singing Camille in the Merry Widow, Scaramuccio (cover) in Ariadne, Don Jose in Carmen for the Mildred Miller concert  and Bob Dart in a special concert series called Fall Out. I will also be singing some much beloved Richard Strauss lieder in concert.

Lastly, I was hired to sing Camille in the Merry Widow with Capitol City Opera in Atlanta this September.

~~Spoiler Alert~~
I will be making a final trip to Athens to complete my capstone project, which is a thesis on the tenor voice in Bottesini's vocal works.. more soon folks.
Thanks for reading,
Best

Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment