Wednesday, June 18, 2014

OTP Day 3 - FIRST PERFORMANCE

Dear Readers,

It's day three and I had my first OTP performance.

A group of us sang solos for an event with the Pittsburgh Social Exchange this evening. It was great to hear my colleagues at work:

Benjamin Taylor sang Harlequin and Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha
Betsy Fischborn sang Zerbinetta's aria
Rachel Eve Holmes sang some musical theater pieces and music from the Fantastiks.
Chelsea Hollow sang some musical theater including Glitter and Be Gay.
Brian Hupp sang some great musical theater classics

I, of course, sang One Alone and What Kind of Fool am I? - I need to learn some more repertoire, and probably some music for tenor, I don't think the baritones like me stealing their music.

Hyery Hwang collaborated at the piano.

The most fantastic part of the evening was listening to Demareus Cooper sing some classic standards. The most touching of all was Count Your Blessings followed in a close second by Some Where Over The Rainbow. What a treat!

We had out first Merry Widow dialogue reading, which turned out to be hilarious!!!!
Favorite line so far is "She can use her magic tongue on him."

Maybe not the most exciting day in recap, but what a rich and fulfilling experience.
(not to mention I worked on my impending Bottesini recital in the morning and made head way on my methodology for analysis of his songs)

More soon,
Thank you for reading,
Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment