Wednesday, April 22, 2015

And the hits just keep on coming

Dear Readers,

I am so excited for this Friday's performance of Beethoven 9 and Brahms Liebeslieder waltz op.52 No. 17 with Dr. Don Campbell and the Greater Anderson Musical Arts Consortium in their "Brought to you by the Letter B" Master Works series concert. 

This will be my first time singing as the tenor soloist in the demanding final movement of Beethoven's 9th symphony - An die Freude or Ode to Joy. I have to give special thanks to the Collegiate Chorale, who have - on two occasions - brought me to the Verbier Festival in Switzerland to sing this master work. The first, in 2006 with Maestro James Levine (I was singing in the bass section), and then again in 2013 with Maestro Charles Dutoit (I was singing in the tenor section). I also have to thank Dr. Gregory Broughton who forwarded this opportunity to me.

It is an incredibly challenging work, with limitless historical potency. Beethoven's 9th symphony was a milestone and because a stepping stone for musicians and composers ever since.

I arrived safely in South Carolina yesterday in the early afternoon - after some rather expensive car trouble - tried to settle in after the long drive. Our rehearsal last night went very well, this will be a great treat for those who can attend. 

Concert is this Friday, 24th, at 7:30 pm in Anderson, South Carolina at the Boulevard Baptist Church - if you can make it 
wink emoticon
http://www.gamac.org/

In the meantime I will enjoy this beautiful spring weather in the south!

Thanks for reading!
Best
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment