Sunday, June 14, 2015

Quisisana, Lovell Maine

Dear Readers,

I am writing to you all from Maine, after my first day in rehearsal for Madame Butterfly. I will be singing my first Pinkerton here at Quisisana on lake Kezar.

This was a some-what late decision for my summer plans, but turns out to be a great opportunity for which I have Sarah Beckam-Turner and Marshal Taylor to thank!

It is going to be a great show. I arrived about 6 days after the rest of the cast because I was finishing up singing in New York. Previews start on the 18th!!!

I will fly back on the 19th to work with the Bronx opera, then back to Quisisana until the 28th, and then back again till the 5th. From the 6th on I am in Maine singing Butterfly every Wednesday night till August 31st.

I suppose you can say that this will be my first... and first through eighth Butterflys ;-)

I will post more, internet and phone service is in slim pickings 'round these parts - but I'll make a commitment to you if you keep one to me: I will write regularly about behind the scenes and my experience here at the musical theater resort - IF I can get at least one comment a week from a reader. I'll be even more diligent about my posts if I could get at least one comment a week from a diversity of readers.

This will be my 3rd Puccini role. I have sung two productions of Boheme and a piano accompanied production of Rondine. Eager to add Pinkerton to my brain, throat, and memory.

Best to you!
Thanks for reading,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place to spend much of the summer. It's good to see you are staying busy doing the thing that you enjoy doing and do so well. Since you are performing only on Wednesdays, I am curious what you do there when you are not traveling to other performance venues or performing. Do you get a chance to enjoy some of the facilities, or are you doing other work as part of your total "gig"?
    Best regards; and continue the upward trajectory.
    Bob Jackson
    PS for anyone else that may want to comment but have had trouble with the "Comment as" selection box -- just select Anonymous, and it will accept your comment. If you do not really want to be Anonymous, then just include your name in the post, as I do. (I believe that there is some delay between when you "publish" and when your comment appears. So, check back in a day or two if you do not see it right away.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every good luck for Pinkerton in Maine! boy that chap travels around! All your friends from the OLLI sig in Athens will be reading about your adventures and wishing you well. Elizabeth Barton

    ReplyDelete