Thursday, July 9, 2015

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the opera - Update 5

Dear Readers,

Our second Butterfly here in Maine went very well, happy second opening to the Butterfly cast.

Last week was a whirl wind, indeed!

We had our first concert night of the season, in which I sang some Quisisana classics and the Rigoletto Quartet with Shannon Kessler Dooley, John Dooley, and Caitlin McKechney. The guest were so complimentary and engaged.

As for the 4th of July weekend, I made my way slowly to Parksville, New York for my final concert with the Bronx Opera. We performed at the Dead End Cafe. A funny thing happened to me on the way to the opera:

I was driving to Parksville via Vermont, driving on a small state highway in New York when I realized that I didn't know the speed limit... no sooner had I contemplated the speed limit when a police officer, who was driving in the opposite direction turned on his lights and pulled me over.

He asked; Where are you headed in such a hurry?
I responded: I am on my way to a performance in Parksville.
He inquired: Oh? For what?
I explained: I am singing a concert with the Bronx Opera at the Dead End Cafe.
He requested: Lemme' hear some notes.
I acquiesced: Una furtiva lagrima...
Appeased, he instructed: Aright, take it slow o.k.?

AND THUS SINGING GOT ME OUT OF THE TICKET!

Can you believe it?

The final performance went well. Three weekends of solos, duets, and quartets are over and I am here at Quisisana full time.

My battery is running low... I should run.

More updates soon

Best
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it all is going well. I read all of your updates since I last commented and found them all interesting, with update 4 being the most entertaining. It sounds a little like "Dirty Dancing" with the focus on singing, rather than footwork. Best regards, Bob Jackson

    ReplyDelete