Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Maynooth dinner part 2/wrapping up in NY

Dear Readers,

After so many weeks of silence I am inundating, if not overwhelming, you with updates.  Maybe this is preferable to the hiatus? You're welcome to tell me in the comment section.

Tonight was another successful performance for the Irish Catholic Educational Fund of St. Patrick's of Maynooth. As I mentioned in my previous post,  tonight's performance and award ceremony was held in King of Prussia, PA (not too far from my brother William 's home in Dover).

The program was a hit list of party arias and "legit" Broadway tunes. Elaine Rinaldi and I preformed Questa o Quella, Bring Him Home, Maria, You'll Never Walk Alone, The Sidewalks of New York, and of course the Irish national anthem Amhrán na bhFiann.

It's exciting to bring a diversity of repertoire to a group of pious music lovers. I haven't sung this repertoire since fall of 2014 for Kitty Wilson's house party/my final recital in Athens,  Georgia. I had such a great time bringing my hard work and years of training to a beautiful, generous,  welcoming and amiable group of people. Singing this music reminds me of the years of music making with Greg Haskins and Frederick Burchinal.

With the final performance for Maynooth I am setting my sights now on Friday's performance of eminent composer Michael Fiacc's songs with Empire Opera in New York.  PLEASE SEE http://www.empireopera.org for details.

More soon
best
Joe

Ps I have also stated a Twitter page to promote Michigan Opera Theatre and its studio artist program. Feel welcomed to follow me on Twitter @JoeBrentTenor

No comments:

Post a Comment