Thursday, July 7, 2016

Der erste post Österreich

Dear Readers,

I am happy to report that I am in Austria and eager for the AIMS 2016 summer in Graz program to commence.

We start on earnest on Monday the 11 th.

Much more to come. It's such a pleasure to be in Europe again, and to - for the first time - be singing in a German speaking country.

In other news, if you haven't already heard, I accepted Michigan Opera Theatre's offer to renew my contract for a second and final year. I am eager to get back to Detroit this fall! Great repertoire and fantastic colleagues.

Till next time.

All the best
Joe

2 comments:

  1. I am still keeping up with your life, via your blog, Joe. Gloria and I both really like Austria and have been there several times. If you have a couple of days free time, one interesting and off-the-beaten-path place to go is St. Wolfgang am Wolfgangsee. It's about the same distance from Graz as Wien, but north-west rather than north-east. One has to have St. Wolfgang as a destination; it's not a place that one just stumbles across. It's a very nice, relatively small town with a lot of history, including its own somewhat famous light opera, "Im weissen Roessl am Wolfgangsee" performed every year in June, I think." However, if you have limited time and haven't seen Wien yet, it's a great city with lots to see and do. Salzburg is in the same direction as St. Wolfgang, just a little further away from Ganz. But, I'm not much a fan of Salzburg, no matter how famous it is. I hope you have a wonderful experience and enjoy your summer's work. Stay safe. Best Regards, Bob Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mein Sohn Joseph wir vermissen dich so sehr und sind so sehr stolz auf dich. Halten Sie sich die hervorragende Arbeit!
    Liebe dich!!!

    ReplyDelete