Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dritten aus Graz

Liebe Readers,

Thanks for staying connected to my blog. We're starting week four here at AIMS. Last week I sang the tenor solos on the Mozart Requiem with three fantastic young singers: Daniel Noyola, Esther Tones, and Urska Ariana. We sang with the fantastic AIMS orchestra lead by Maestro Markus Landerer.

Today we gave the Grazers an Italian brunch concert at the Graz museum. I sang "Addio Fiorito Asil" from Madame Butterfly and I sang in the quartet from Act III from La Boheme. The concert was sold out, and a very sweet old Austrian woman told me that I touched her heart and it was a fabulous concert. It's those moments when someone stops you on the street a mile from the venue to express their appreciation that really make this profession with while.

This week I'll be singing with the orchestra again. I'll be singing on the Mostly Shakespeare concert. I will have the great fortune to sing at the Stefaniesaal again. I actually saw a brilliant Beethoven's Nineth symphony last night by the radio orchestra of Steiermark. The tickets were astronomical but there was a free love stream into the Landhaushof, which I eagerly attended. They played on period instruments!

Now for the photos you've been waiting for.


Gates to Schloss Eggenberg 
They let us in!

The Schloss Eggenberg



On our way down the path to the Schloss






 












PS. It's far too difficult to add captions on this tablet that I am using. The basilica of Mariatrost and the hall is the Stefaniesaal.

Thank you for reading
Joe

1 comment: