Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Silent Night @ Michigan Opera Theatre: Post II

Dear Readers,

In just 2 hours Michigan Opera Theatre will present its 2nd performance of Kevin Puts Silent Night.

The reviews were very positive of our opening night; the cast was really on point. I am sure this mid-week performance will be just as effective. Unfortunately, you only have 3 more opportunities to see this production here at MOT. If you missed the live broadcast, and are not planning to be in Michigan this weekend then I will mourn with you. It's exciting to be a part of this revival, directed by the production's original director, with so many of the original cast members.

We were very fortunate to have master classes this week with Dean Anthony and Maestro David Abell. On Friday we will work with the imitable Martin Katz.

On a personal note, I have made an appointment to have a procedure known as frenulectomy (I've also seen frenuloplasty) to correct ankyoglossia (colloquially known as tongue tie). More on this soon.

Thanks for reading,
warm thoughts to you all
-Joe

PS: In other news, it has officially been 2 years since I passed my final defense and was award my Doctorate in Vocal Performance from the Hugh Hodgson School of Music, Franklin School of Arts & Sciences at the University of Georgia! I found out that my DMA (Doctor of Musical Arts) capstone document on selected vocal compositions of Giovanni Paolo Bottesini is now a cited source in the bibliography on Wikipedia. What a great way to celebrate my 2 year anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment