Tuesday, January 17, 2017

One thing leads to another

Dear Readers,

I have been epistolarily silent this last week, and - for those of you who are close to me know -vocally silent because I contracted pneumonia. It could, of course, be worse. I, fortunately, have not been hospitalized, and I elected to recover at home. I've been taking a plethora of medicines. With each new obstacle (ie. frenotomy, and pneumonia) I find myself feeling more and more callow. I've been taking azithromycin, prednisone, antihistamines (cetirizine and diphenhydramine), elderberry extract, vitamins C; D; B12, guaifenesin, phenylephrine, dextromethorphan, and plenty of acetaminophen. I have been hydrating, resting, and eating plenty of soup. I've been sequestered in my home, trying to limit contact with my colleagues; in efforts to prioritize their health.

Recovery has been a challenge: my roommate has also been sick. He and his girlfriend are smokers, who smoke in the apartment. I bought Lysol disinfectant spray and two containers of antibacterial moist tissue wipes, but I am the only person who uses them. My roommate keeps the apartment fairly cold, particularly at night.

Today is my last day of antibiotic treatment; just in time, because things are about to heat up here in Michigan. We have concerts in Florida, Detroit, and the beginning of our rehearsal period for Little Women approaching.

Good news to share:
In my off time I have finished reading Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy's The Ethical Slut, which is a fantastic and engaging read. I have decided to revisit Melville's Moby Dick. I also have Getting the Love you Want, Seta, Oceano Mare, Overtones, a book of temperaments, and 1984 (in English and Italian) on the back burner of my reading list.

I've also chosen to explore my culinary interests. I've made several pizzas, pastas, and soups from scratch.

I've also become an expert Instagram user.

I wish that there was more to tell, and of it better news to share.

Until things are on track again...
Warmest regards
Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment