Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year!

Dear Readers and Passers-by,

Greetings from Beltsville, Maryland! I just arrived from Berlin to begin this year's concert and opera work. You will be seeing a lot of me in Maryland. Maryland lyric opera has contracted me to sing Nicias in Thais, Gonzalve in L'heure espagnole*, and Basilio in Le nozze di Figaro. I will also be singing as Gherardo in Gianni Schicchi with Michigan Opera Theatre! There are some other projects in the works but that all will take me and us to June.

I plan to make a short post, a kind of 2019 in review, as I spent most of the year trying to make a life in Germany. I'll share some insights into the processes, and some intimate feelings about my decisions and experiences.

Until the next post, from the Sherton, corner room at 190ft above sea level.

with a warm thought in mind, thanks for checking it,
Joe


* - There is a little secret about this performance that I am not yet able to share, but will do so - but as of now the cat is in the bag... and other horrible metaphors.

No comments:

Post a Comment