Thursday, September 26, 2013

Blaise

Readers,

My friend Blaise Pascal passed way this week after a 3 month battle in the hospital. 
Will everyone please take a minute and send all of their energy and prayers to Blaise's family.

I met Blaise this past summer at The Martina Arroyo Prelude to performance program. Blaise was there from day one, at my side. He became my friend and a mentor. He shared so much with me and I felt so comfortable with him. I loved his opinions about music and how he experienced music. I've never seen someone love this art as much as Blaise. For Blaise singing was art. He gave me great criticism when I needed it and told me how much he loved my singing. He told me "joe when you're singing you reminded me: yes! that's how it's done. I have to remember that." Blaise had so much passion and so much knowledge. He sat in on my coachings and laughed with me. He was there with me when I had no money and only had my 4 bananas to eat. He was there giving me half a sandwich even though I was too proud to take it.

My time with him was too short. Our time with him was too short. He became such a great friend is such a short time and I never was able to tell him. I am going to miss him more than I can express. He taught me so much...

I can't say enough and yet I feel so lost... I do not know what is beyond this life but Blaise deserves the best from every religion and every belief. He deserves an eternity of happiness greater than exists on this earth if such a thing is possible.

Please everyone, take a minute to think about him - even if you didn't know him.
Then take another minute to think about everyone you love in this world and let them know - make a sacrifice for someone who needs your love. I meant to visit him in the hospital, but business took me to switzerland. When I got back he was unconscious and I chose not to go see him. Do not make the same mistake I made - I don't know how or if at all it would have made a difference. I just can't believe he's gone.


Blaise

Thank you,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment