Saturday, January 28, 2023

Giuseppe (Giuseppe Michael Brent)

Allow me to reintroduce myself to you:

Hello, my name is Giuseppe.

Yes, I am changing my name to Giuseppe.

You might be asking why:

1. In 2021, my grandfather George L Annunziato passed away. My grandfather, the only grandfather I knew, used to call me Giuseppe and this decision is partially in homage to this deeply important person in my life.
34 years of “hey! Giusep!” I miss him dearly. I miss him daily.

2. People can’t seem to remember “Joe.” Many people easily forget my given name; people call me Josh, John or Johnathan and that is absolutely irritating. They will learn Giuseppe and like it.

3. If you know me, you know that I prefer the (even if merely an illusion of) intentional choice. My parents bestowed me a name that suited me and now I wish to choose how I am called.

4. Ultimately, (get ready for nihilism and existentialism) life has the meaning with which we imbue it, and in the brief time I have to exist in this flesh prison called a body on this planet, I would like to do the best I can as I wish (see reason 3).

Please, call me Giuseppe. 🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment