Friday, May 20, 2016

Magic Flute

Dear Readers,

I have been so very delinquent in updating this blog, my apologies. There is no excuse for not keeping you in the loop. Now, after 19 long days I am back!

We have our final two performances of Magic Flute tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. With that show my time in Detroit is practically at its end. We have another 7 days of MOT Studio work, but as for the company - our opera season is over. It's not time for summer opera! The Detroit Free press was quite brutal in its review of the production, but I've been very happy with my performances. I've also been given fantastic feedback about my acting and singing - which is always nice.

I am pleased to announce that I will be participating in the American Institute of Music Studies (AIMS) in Graz, Austria this summer. I am happy to accept the Shelly Manvel Pocket Angel Scholarship.

 It's late now, here in the D. We had three long days in a row, though I am not complaining. I like to be busy! Wednesday we had a brush-up rehearsal, an audition, and our second Magic Flute performance. Thursday a 6 hour master class with Dean Anthony. Today we had a 5 hour master class with Dean Anthony, followed by a master class with Maestro James Meena. Tomorrow is the 3rd flute performance, but we have the morning to ourselves.

Thanks for tuning in.
Hopefully more interesting and detailed info to come.
Thanks for reading
Joe

PS Please check out my twitter or facebook page for more regular updates


No comments:

Post a Comment