Monday, February 24, 2014

Another day in San Francisco

Dear Readers,

I hope that you have had an opportunity to check out the L'elixir d'amore link from last week's UGA Opera Theater production.

Also, if you're interested the Martina Arroyo Prelude to Performance program just posted the videos from Les Contes D'Hoffmann from summer 2013 in which I played E.T.A. Hoffmann. http://www.martinaarroyofdn.org/Photos%202013/Hoffmann%202013%20Sat%20video.html

I wanted to post a congratulations to the fabulous Latvian mezzo-soprano Zanda Svede and the rising bass Richard Block. I took a took a trip out to San Francisco to see Richard and Zanda's performances. Zanda was the featured mezzo in the first the Addler Fellowship Schwabacher Recital for 2014. Richard sang Raimondo [Bide the Bent] in Lucia.

I am so proud of these two singers and their fantastic success. Look out for their names in lights and all over the internet! The next generation of singers is on its way.

I also had the opportunity while out here in San Fran to sing for Sheri Greenwald, director of the San Francisco Opera Center, which was a great pleasure.

And I reconnected with some old friends in the bay area and saw some fabulous concerts.

Cheers to great music, to great opera and a prospering baroque scene!

Hope to see you soon San Fran!
Stay classy

Thanks for reading,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment