Friday, May 15, 2015

Don Jose Again - Carmen Photos II (2015)

Dedicated Readers,

These last few weeks have been very busy! I've kept everything kind of... well.. hush hush... but you deserve to know - after all, you're reading this blog, aren't you?

First, the obvious:

You'll remember from Nov. 17 of 2013 I had a post of photo from my first Don Jose in Carmen at the University of Georgia.

Below I welcome you to view photos from my most recent Jose in Carmen with the New York Opera Exchange. Costumes by Taylor Mills!

The NY Opera Exchange spring 2015 production of Carmen went splendidly! What a great opportunity to revisit this demanding, passionate, and psychological role.

The NYOE Carmen cast included SISHEL CLAVERIE (Carmen), ZHANNA ALKHAZOVA(Micaela), PAUL KHURI (Escamillo), SONJA KRENEK (Frasquita), SYLVIA SZADOVSZKI(Mercedes), JAVIER ORTIZ (Zuniga), JOHN CALLISON (Morales), JOE PALARCA (Remendado), and WAYNE ARTHUR PAUL (Don Cairo).















1 comment:

  1. Hello Joe --
    I keep up with your career progress by reading this blog occasionally; Gloria, by your email exchanges with her.
    She talked you up quite a bit at the Opera America/OVI conference last week in DC. Maybe new and good things will come of it.
    I have admired your singing, acting, and stage presence for several years; and I was further impressed when a saw a phrase such as "the somatic manifestation of his mercurial psychological state" come trippingly from your tongue in the interview below. :-) Hopefully Gloria and I will again get to see you perform some time, preferably on the big stage in NYC.
    Best regards and wishes for your development and progress.
    (Or, as I have learned to say in opera speak: Toi, toi, toi!
    Bob Jackson

    ReplyDelete