Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Before I head out the door

Dear Readers,

Happy June 2nd! I wanted to drop you all a line:

I am headed out for a coaching, and noticed that I hadn't offered any updates to my schedule here.

Suffice it to say that things have been busy! After stepping in last minute to bolster the Collegiate Chorale's forces on their premiere recording of Kurt Weill's Road of Promise, I continued the push toward summer music making.

This past weekend I sang with Yiselle Blum, Robert Osborne and Darynn Zimmer at a benefit concert for the victims in Nepal. The group was lead by conductor Joseph Jones. Mozart Requiem for Nepal.

This was my first (and second) Mozart Requiem, which was a blast to learn and even more fun to sing. It rounds out a season of concerting, if you remember I sang Gounod, Saint-Saens, Handel, Beethoven, and now Mozart works for soloist and choir in the last 7 months.

Other great news to share is that I will be singing Pinkerton this summer in Maine. It will be my first Butterfly... well my first 8 eight Butterflies I should say!

More updates to come, keep those cards and letters coming ;-)

I am off,
Best to you all!
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment