Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Getting Ready to hit the Road

Readers,

I am extremely excited and honored for my lesson today with revered American tenor Richard Leech

I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Leech this pas summer at the Martina Arroyo Prelude to Performance Master Class series. We spent some time working on the Giuletta/Hoffmann duet C'est une chanson d'amour. Mr. Leech also greeted our audiences as a sort of Master of Ceremonies before each show. His energy, honest and confidence were infectious.

This will be my first official lesson with a tenor and I am eager to hear what Mr. Leech has to offer as a teacher, I of course adore his singing.

With this lesson I say goodbye to my friends, my Latte, my family and a great summer as Hoffmann and as guest of the Collegiate Chorale at the Verbier Festival. I will start the long drive back to Athens, Georgia: to approach the ravenous and bellicose Don Jose in the UGA Opera Theater production of Carmen and complete my DMA.

Best,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment