Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's not all Classical Music and Opera

Readers,

This post is just a small shout-out to Erene and a reminder that we should always have great music, classical or otherwise, in our lives.

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing ERENE (Irene Mastrangeli) perform at The Living Room on Ludlow street, lower Manhattan.
The Living Room us a cute bar with a great performance venue, there is a lot of great music happening there. 


Was there with Salina Sanchez and former Justina Soto an the Salvation Arm Band guitarist Danny Snedecor. 
 
I met ERENE in the fall of 2005 when I decided to take Italian lessons to get closer to my heritage. At the time I was a senior in High School, playing electric bass and singing in the choir. After nearly 10 years I have moved on from the electric bass in to the double bass and then realized myself as a tenor - with the guidance of Frederick Burchinal. Now, after a summer as Hoffmann and a week at the Verbier festival I find myself in the perfect spot: home, listening to the music that helped me throughout my collegiate life.

I still use the book from which ERENE taught, to brush up my Italian when I am not obsessing over French or German.

Keep your friends and loved ones close, and look for inspiration in all things.

Cheers to ERENE and all the great artists who are not on the opera stage.

Best,
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Giuseppe, sei una persona straordinaria e io sono molto felice di avere nella mia vita. DEVO DIRE che sono anche molto orgogliosa di voi!

    Sie sind eine Inspiration für uns alle!
    Je t'aime de tout mon cœur!

    love Mom

    ReplyDelete