Monday, October 5, 2015

Michigan Opera Theatre Studio

Dear Readers,

I am proud and excited to announce, after weeks of secrecy, I have accepted an offer from Michigan Opera Theatre to join its inaugural season of the Michigan Opera Theatre Studio as its tenor resident artist.

I will spend the next 9 months as a resident of the motor city, Detroit. I join 5 other resident artists: soprano Angela Theis, mezzo - soprano Raehann Bryce-Davis, baritone Jeff Byrnes, bass Brent Michael Smith, and collaborative pianist/coach Gordon Schermer. Our responsibilities include: singing comprimario and principal roles with Michigan Opera Theatre in its 2015-2016 season: La Bohème,  The Passenger,  The Tender Land,  Magic Flute,  and Macbeth.

At the helm of our Michigan Opera Studio X-men is celebrated American tenor Richard Leech!

Please enjoy the photos from my first weeks here in Detroit.






More to come!
- Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment